Hocus homepage now up and running

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
ben
*** Veteran

Hocus homepage now up and running

Post by ben »

Bond...ehh...Ben cracked the code and here it is:
www.passionsaving.com
Still in development but lots written already. Cheers, Ben
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

Mr. 007 always gets his man! I'm sure glad that he's on my side re this thing.

We've been talking about this at some other boards. I don't want to have to repost all the words I have already put up elsewhere, so I'll just provide links to the ongoing discussions at the three other board communities that have been talking about the new web site at PassionSaving.com:

Here's the thread at the Early Retirement Forum:

http://early-retirement.org/cgi-bin/yab ... 1108971104

Here's the thread at the board associated with RetireEarlyHomePage.com:

http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/cgi- ... tart=13#13

Here's the thread at Motley Fool:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid= ... e#22099687
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings ben :)

Yes I've seen it. Not only that but I'm aware of two other sites similar to the ones already around that will be online in the next few months. :?

I understand having a site to promote a book. But I have to wonder how many message boards we need like this? 10? 20? 1000?:roll:
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
Bookm
Admin Board Member

Post by Bookm »

ES wrote:
But I have to wonder how many message boards we need like this? 10? 20? 1000?

Not this damn many, that's for sure. :?

Bookm
Wall Street investment products suck because it's all about them and their revenue today. It's not about us and our income tomorrow. - Scott Burns
ben
*** Veteran

Post by ben »

Yes I liked ES idea of consolidating them - but the frictions would probably be difficult to handle. Cheers, Ben
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

ES
I understand having a site to promote a book. But I have to wonder how many message boards we need like this? 10? 20? 1000?:roll:

IMHO, no more than one site per writer.

Obviously, this new site cannot be combined with the NoFeeBoards. It is a commercial site, one that is selling a product. That is against our rules.

As for the other sites, I do not see a need per se since ES is willing to add boards to this site. I do see a desire for communities with restricted access and restricted discussions.

Have fun.

John R.
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

I do see a desire for communities with restricted access and restricted discussions.

It would seem so although I don't see the point. Except perhaps for those with the inability to deal with another's opinion. :roll:
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com