Site Administration Issues

A place for the NFB community to discuss any subject.
hocus2004

Site Administration Issues

Post by hocus2004 »

Some site administration issues came to the table in the "Marty Whitman" thread over at the Index Funds board.

http://www.nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3322

ES has asked that there not be further discussion of the board administration issues in that thread. He has suggested that the discussion be moved here.

I have nothing to say on the matter that I have not already said. I am starting this thread to serve any community members who have questions or comments on the matter which they have not yet been able to put forward at the other board.
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings hocus :)

Thank you for starting this thread at the town center board. I have made my position very clear on this subject. Anyone interested can find it here:

http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3352
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
ben
*** Veteran

Post by ben »

Great post ES on writing on a message board! I think you know my stand is exactly the same as yours! (but I include foreign index funds :wink:). Cheers, Ben
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

Great post ES on writing on a message board! I think you know my stand is exactly the same as yours!

Ben:

The post that ES wrote expresses what I think can be described as a "live and let live" philosophy. You say that you agree with it. Are you willing to put up a post at the raddr-pages.com site saying that you agree with it and saying that you would like to see that philosophy adopted at the raddr-pages.com site?
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings ben :)
but I include foreign index funds

Well that puts you squarely in the majority. :wink: As I've said I have nothing against international funds. I just don't need em'. :D
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
ben
*** Veteran

Post by ben »

ES; I know that pal.

Hocus; I believe those rules are followed quite well at both this and the raddr board. Even fool.com follow it most of the time but a lot of noise there though. I did not renew my fool membership, not in protest, but simply have plenty of other boards to attend and too little time.

Cheers, Ben
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

I believe those rules are followed quite well at both this and the raddr board..

I would play it the other way if I were in your shoes, Ben. That's the message I am trying to get across to a fellow community member.
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

I did not renew my fool membership, not in protest, but simply have plenty of other boards to attend and too little time.

My advice to newcomers to our movement is to subscribe to the Motley Fool site for a year so that they can gain access to the Golden Age (December 1999 through January 2001) threads of the Retire Early Home Page board. I don't see much point in paying for the current-day stuff. There's far better stuff available at the free boards.

I have hopes that on-topic posting expressing views other than those approved by intercst will be permitted at some later date. For that reason, I would like to see some newcomers head over there and try to get something started. But it would not be honest to suggest to people that that board in its current state offers a value proposition even approaching that provided by the Early Retirement Forum or the NFB site.

I view the Early Retirement Forum as the best overall board. I don't think that one is even a close call. The one glaring weakness of the Early Retirement Forum is its handling of the SWR issue. On that one, our own SWR Research Group board is the place to go for the latest and greatest stuff.