Congratulations

A place for the NFB community to discuss any subject.
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

"Every darn thing you say screams "I'm angry and full of hate towards this person". "

OK. If that's how you see it, that's how you see it.

How I see it is that a whole bunch of things you do say that you want to protect this poster regardless of whether he got the number wrong in the study, regardless of whether his mistake may cost community members the loss of millions in accumulated capital, regardless of whether he burned the Motley Fool community to the ground and has threatened to do the same to others, and regardless of whether keeping him around holds the rest of us back from accomplishing great things.

I think you are an enabler of his abusive posting practices. I am not a "professional" and I have not asked any "professional" to review these words before putting them to the board. I am a poster who has developed a bit of a reputation for shooting straight with fellow community members. In my book, that counts for a whole bunch more.
th
** Regular

Post by th »

I'm sorry you feel that way.

For what its worth, I dont even know what number he got wrong, why it was wrong, what or how things went after that, or anything else. My only exposure to you has been your sorry self showing up at dory's board six months ago and whats been posted here. I havent supported or praised intercst in this or any other post. Nor was that the topic or point. But I'm getting used to that.

Bye bye now.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Nietzsche
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

"My only exposure to you has been your sorry self showing up at dory's board six months ago and whats been posted here."

Two recent SWR threads at the Early Retirement Forum ("Yahoo Finance Quiz" and "6.2% SWR?") are the two most often read threads in the history of the site. There were a number of community members who expressed excitement at the wonderful learning experiences provided in those threads. I see nothing "sorry" about participating in threads that serve as learning experiences for the community of people seeking to share information about how to acquire financial independence early in life.

"I havent supported or praised intercst in this or any other post."

You were there when intercst showed up on the "Yahoo Finance Quiz" with his deception posts and his intimidation posts. Given what you saw play out in that thread, do you think that intercst is a positive influence in this community? Given that he has been engaging in similar posting tactics for 25 months now and that scores of fine posters have left the community because of their repulsion at his posting tactics, do you see any good reason why any of us should be reluctant to cut him loose at this point?
th
** Regular

Post by th »

I think I'd like to stick you both in a hotel room with a couple of quarts of 10-40 motor oil and lock the door for a weekend.

Thats what I think.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Nietzsche