NeuroFool's Insightful Question

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

JWR1945
***** Legend

NeuroFool's Insightful Question

Post by JWR1945 »

From his Basic question about SWR thread of Friday, Oct 31, 2003 at 11:41 am CST. http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic ... 580#p13580
NeuroFool wrote:So why is there so much animosity here? That's what I don't get.
These are some special factors unique to SWR Research:

1. The subject matter is important.
2. The message (in its initial form) was unpleasant and people have responded to that in a variety of ways.
3. There is a fatigue associated with research. Almost all of the progress in research comes from a series of small advances. Even dramatic discoveries do not occur in isolation.
4. It takes a tremendous amount of effort to communicate properly on discussion boards and it is easy to disrupt communications, often unintentionally.
5. There is the sense of one's own responsibility. This varies widely among individuals.

These are some unique factors related to www.nofeeboards.com .

1. Hocus is easily baited. Wave a red flag in front of him and he will charge. People know this and that they can exploit this vulnerability. It would not be a factor if it were not for the importance of our research and hocus's keen sense of responsibility to serve others.
2. Some posters have been caught up as innocent bystanders. This is highly unfortunate.

There is an additional factor that is easy to overlook.

1. We are pioneers. Internet discussion boards have a tendency to divide into two warring camps. Nobody knows for sure how to prevent this. I think that ElSupremo is going to pull it off.

Have fun.

John R.
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

jwr, I am not interested in discussing hocus' word game posts. I don't think anyone else is and I am wondering if this thread is useful.
Have fun.

Ataloss
BenSolar
*** Veteran

Post by BenSolar »

ataloss wrote:jwr, I am not interested in discussing hocus' word game posts. I don't think anyone else is and I am wondering if this thread is useful.
???? Why respond to a month old thread about something you don't want to discuss? :?

I suggest we just don't discuss it :D
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for." - Epicurus
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

Have fun.

Ataloss
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

I consider my original post to be accurate and helpful. It will remain.

Have fun.

John R.
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

This thread is closed.

John R.