The disscusion is off. The party is over.

A place for the NFB community to discuss any subject.
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

The disscusion is off. The party is over.

Post by ElSupremo »

Hello everyone,

After getting caught up on the last days posts it's obvious that the planned discussion will be a waste of everyone's time. Especially mine since no one seems to want to listen. So that's cancelled.

I'm very disheartened at the events of the last 24 hours. I had hoped cooler heads would prevail but that has not happened. I've been lenient in enforcing the site rules because the violations have been by our most valued members. Well that time is past. I will be going through the last couple of days threads on every board. Any post containing violations of the site rules will be deleted. It's possible entire threads may be deleted. Once the mess has been cleaned up there will be zero tolerance for violations of the site rules. Anyone continually repeating these violations in the future will be banned from the site.

Here are a few items for starters. The following words when referencing another member of this site will not be permitted:
1) "liar"
2) "dishonest"
3) "ignorant"

or any inference of those terms. I'll be adding to the list shortly.

I'm taking personal offense to all of this. I created this site so we could have all the things the site stands for. Violating the site rules is a slap in my face and degrades everything we have tried to build here. I've tried to cut some slack in this area but in hindsight that was a mistake.

IOW I'm vexed, I'm terribly vexed! And that takes a bit of doing.

ES
Site Admin.
Last edited by ElSupremo on Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

Thank you.

John R.
WiseNLucky
** Regular

Post by WiseNLucky »

:D

Thank you as well, ES.
WiseNLucky

I just wish everyone could step back and get less car and less house then they want, and realize they don't NEED more. -- NeuroFool
raddr
*** Veteran

Post by raddr »

Thanks ES! I too had my doubts as to whether the "discussion" was being proposed for the proper reasons. I'd be glad to do another time if it looks like it can be done constructively and not turn into a sniping contest.
bpp
** Regular

Post by bpp »

Thank you, ES. I was losing circulation in my fingers from sitting on my hands so hard.

Cheers,
Bpp
[KenM]
*** Veteran

Post by [KenM] »

Thanks ES
I hadn't responded to your "It's been almost a year" thread because I didnt really want to raise negative issues - I'll now go and post something suitably congratulatory.

Without wanting to nitpick and sorry for bringing up semantics but may I suggest that when considering .....
The following words when referencing another member of this site will not be permitted:
1) "liar"
2) "dishonest"
3) "ignorant"
or any inference of those terms. I'll be adding to the list shortly
... you might separate out words and inferences that are always obviously derogatory such as "liar" and "dishonest" from those that could be taken in several ways, e.g. "ignorant". I don't mind someone inferring in a friendly way that I might be not fully aware of all the facts (i.e. ignorant) but I may take exception to someone stating or inferring in a derogatory manner that I'm "ignorant" (i.e. stupid)

..... (although if someone want's to call me stupid in a friendly manner I don't mind - on many occasions it's quite likley to be true :lol:)
KenM
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Bookm
Admin Board Member

Post by Bookm »

ES, I am SO GLAD that you did that. I haven't entered into one single discussion about all this...stuff. Wanna know why? "Cause it's annoying. I've resigned myself to simply marking these discussions as read, unfortunately. It's just too tedious wading through the bickering to find an occasional on topic post. It's very hard to say this about posts from my fellow NFBers whom I respect as much as I do.

I'm asking if we could please return to the knowledgeable and informative posts that I've gotten used to and spoiled by from the great posters here.

And I swear, if someone asks ES to take action on my post...I may end up getting banned. Please, just don't.

Bookm
-who is moving back to questions on financial matters.
Wall Street investment products suck because it's all about them and their revenue today. It's not about us and our income tomorrow. - Scott Burns
[KenM]
*** Veteran

Post by [KenM] »

JWR
With respect, we would all like to insist upon equity. I'm also perfectly capable of charging if someone waves a red flag in my face but I restrain myself - particularly in the current circumstances.
KenM
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.