Expat US taxpayers lose FEIE

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
bpp
** Regular

Post by bpp »

to paraphrase kipling: "you're a more forgiving man than I am, bpp." :wink:

Don't leap to conclusions. :)For the time being it doesn't make sense to do anything but wait and see what happens, and then if needed tackle the challenge of finding legal remedies to reduce the bite. But if in the end it doesn't look possible to avoid a big screwing, "forgiving" will not accurately describe my reaction. :wink:

Cheers,
Bpp
wanderer
*** Veteran

Post by wanderer »

hehheh

Whether or not it goes through, the very idea of repealing section 911 is a further reflection of the current US government's worldview. "I think it is typical of the current administration," said a US banker at a European bank, adopting a sarcastic tone."Why should they give any tax relief to someone living outside the country, I mean who would want to live outside of the USA anyway? It is kind of unpatriotic, isn't it? You know; if too many people do this, they may start to sympathize with interests of 'other' countries."

http://www.financeasia.com/articles/E86 ... 7E174B.cfm
regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear
bpp
** Regular

Post by bpp »

I have heard that there may be renewed efforts to go after section 911 in the future. You know, pathetic as it sounds, I bet a lot of politicians are thinking that some version of that banker's parody would play well to the home audience.

Cheers,
Bpp