REHP SWR Study Whinge...

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
eurotrash01
* Rookie

REHP SWR Study Whinge...

Post by eurotrash01 »

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18344360

Euro

Comments here if no interest in posting there...
raddr
*** Veteran

Post by raddr »

Hi Euro,

I totally agree. I trust you saw my earlier post here:

http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=159
dbphd
* Rookie

SWR

Post by dbphd »

Euro,

I posted a reply at the TMF board. The concern you express has been of concern to me as well. I assume one will want to reset the basis for a SWR when changes in conditions warrant. My original plan had been to take a fixed percentage (4 or 5%) of our portfolio each year based on the value of the portfolio at the beginning of the year, letting the draw rise or fall as the value of our portfolio rises or falls.

We have not implemented that or any other withdrawal plan, because we have lived on retirement and social security income. Beginning this year, I took a RMD from an inherited IRA. I project that that RMD will serve as our withdrawal plan for at least the next decade.

db
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings db :)

Glad you finally made it! :wink: Welcome to the boards.
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
eurotrash01
* Rookie

Post by eurotrash01 »

Hi raddr -

Once again, you got the jump on me. Your post is far more elegant than my ham-handed effort.

Anyone out there have any interesting securities in their sights? I'm particularly interested in REIT Prefs. and Energy LPs for the moment. I own ARE-B and APU in moderate size...and am looking to add like-minded securities at some point.

Euro
wanderer
*** Veteran

Post by wanderer »

Anyone out there have any interesting securities in their sights?

in my hindsights...

i wuz thinking abt clients the other day and was wondering what the last few years looked like for General Dynamics (GD). seemed like the impending "police action", probable undervaluation in the Nero, I mean, Clinton era, dividend etc. would have made it a buy. sure enuf, it's chart looks like an "X" vs. the s&p since eoy 1999. ugh!

wanderer
regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear