Millionaire "Code"

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
TRyan
* Rookie

Millionaire "Code"

Post by TRyan »

The follow-ons to this should be interesting ...

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.a ... iteid=mktw
The aim here is to help you understand why you're different and discover the only way you can ever become a millionaire -- your way.
"Buy Low Sell High"
peteyperson
**** Heavy Hitter

Re: Millionaire "Code"

Post by peteyperson »

Amazon.com excerpts too:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 471426164/

Click the ' Look Inside ' picture bookcover.

Petey
TRyan wrote:The follow-ons to this should be interesting ...

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.a ... iteid=mktw
The aim here is to help you understand why you're different and discover the only way you can ever become a millionaire -- your way.
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

OMG more myers-briggs stuff like rehp
Have fun.

Ataloss
peteyperson
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by peteyperson »

U no like?

ataloss wrote:OMG more myers-briggs stuff like rehp
therealchips
*** Veteran

Post by therealchips »

Petey and ataloss:

When the subject of Myers-Briggs came up at the other place, I found and posted the URL for a free site to try out the questionaire. The Myers-Briggs sites are full of stern warnings that only a professionally trained (and paid) person can administer the test and interpret its results correctly. That gives the author of the millionaire "Code" book a problem. If he wants to emphasize the M-B test, then people who buy the book will also have to pay for the test.

Some people at the other place tried the free version of the test and posted their results. They showed that two or three personality types were much more common there than in the general population. I'm all in favor of self-knowledge, stopping somewhere short of self-absorption, but I have never yet seen how M-B results relate to investment style. Objective reality, like market performance, inflation, taxes, is the same for all of us, regardless of personality. Maybe someone will show me.

You might like to try a free sample of the Myers-Briggs test. Here is an address: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Here are some of my results for your amusement:

ENTJ, the Field-marshal type, Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
You are: slightly expressed extrovert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

(and here you thought I was totally devoted to my logical and mathematical approaches . . . )

I think ENTJ was one of the most common results at the other place, too.

Best regards,

Field-marshal Chips G. Shepherd
He who has lived obscurely and quietly has lived well. [Latin: Bene qui latuit, bene vixit.]

Chips
therealchips
*** Veteran

Post by therealchips »

Correction: ENTJ's are not common at the other place. Here is the report: http://rehphome.tripod.com/mbti.html

Note: I am not commandeering. How could I be when everyone is free to ignore me? :wink: I will admit that I used to take charge sometimes, but only because everyone else seemed to be hanging back or incapacitated by terminal confusion. :lol:
He who has lived obscurely and quietly has lived well. [Latin: Bene qui latuit, bene vixit.]

Chips
TRyan
* Rookie

Post by TRyan »

Chips,

Good link ... I am also ENTJ (not sure what to make of it). Now to get the better half to take the quiz.
"Buy Low Sell High"
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

I got a istj at this site
http://www.haleonline.com/psych/
intp last time
I have never yet seen how M-B results relate to investment style. Objective reality, like market performance, inflation, taxes, is the same for all of us, regardless of personality. Maybe someone will show me.
I agree. Although the personality type tests are amusing.
Have fun.

Ataloss
bubble
* Rookie

Post by bubble »

I have never yet seen how M-B results relate to investment style. Objective reality, like market performance, inflation, taxes, is the same for all of us, regardless of personality. Maybe someone will show me.

I disagree objective reality can't be the same for all of us. For if it was there would be no buyer and seller everyone would be trying to be on the same side of the transaction i.e. only all buyers or all sellers.

For the record I'm INTP or ISTP from a test taken a number of years ago.

Bubble :D
Mike
*** Veteran

Post by Mike »

ISTJ

I am not quite sure what practical value these test have. They may allow a degree of insight into the strengths and weaknesses of our normal thought patterns so that we can make more rational decisions. I shall ponder this.
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

It is very important to remember that we are talking about personality types and not achievement. People can still achieve their goals even when it is contrary to their personalities. It is just more difficult. And, of course, people can fail to succeed in spite of their personalities.

BTW, if this guy praises one of the personality types, watch out. Everybody and his brother will suddenly discover that that is his own personality type.

Have fun.

John R.
TRyan
* Rookie

Post by TRyan »

Here's the next part of the series ... very much in line with previous posts.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.a ... napInvestH

A strange mix of greed, invincibility and fantasy creates a bubble in our minds in the stock market's up cycle. That sets us up to cascade down the rapids with unfortunate negative consequences.

One thing I am quite sure of: Unless you know your personal Millionaire's Code, you will be handicapping your destiny, not just sabotaging your chances of retiring a millionaire.
"Buy Low Sell High"
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

One thing I am quite sure of: Unless you know your personal Millionaire's Code, you will be handicapping your destiny, not just sabotaging your chances of retiring a millionaire.

I think we have a number of millionaire posters, I hope they aren't handicapped :shock:
Have fun.

Ataloss
PainInTheAS
* Rookie

Post by PainInTheAS »

TRyan wrote:Here's the next part of the series ... very much in line with previous posts.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.a ... napInvestH

A strange mix of greed, invincibility and fantasy creates a bubble in our minds in the stock market's up cycle. That sets us up to cascade down the rapids with unfortunate negative consequences.

Bullroar.

I find it risible that someone who cannot possibly know me/my motivations feels free generalize about my "destiny" and to predict what I can and cannot do.

Anyone else think this is a rather idiotic statement?

Don't know or care what my "Myers-Brigg" label is, and hoping never to find out.

PITA
wanderer
*** Veteran

Post by wanderer »

I find it risible that someone who cannot possibly know me/my motivations feels free generalize about my "destiny" and to predict what I can and cannot do.

That's my mom's job... :shock: Actually, that is nearly everyone in my life's job. :lol:
regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear