Let's agree to disagree shall we?

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Let's agree to disagree shall we?

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings NFBers :)

We've been fortunate over the course of almost two years to have the good sense to keep our discussions under control and in a civilized mode. Unfortunately over the past few days I see things getting a little out of hand. Those two years did not happen by accident. Our core group of members here is, IMHO, one of the finest on any message board. On a level far above what most other sites could ever hope for. But in this medium it's so easy to misunderstand. It's happend to me more times than I care to recall. It's happened to all of us. What I've learned over the years is when there is no common ground to be found there is only one option. Agree to disagree.

I do not want to point fingers or name names. This is just an effort to remind everyone how we got here, why we are here, and where we want to go. Let's keep in mind those past two years and remember we are all friends. Let's keep in mind how easy it is to misunderstand in this medium and take that into account just as we would any part of an important financial decision we would make. And if there is no common ground to be found let's just agree to disagree.

There is not one member here that I don't have the utmost respect for. I can understand how things can degrade when emotions and beliefs are involved. I've been incredibly fortunate over the past couple of years that I've only had to do this sort of thing a couple of times. Don't be mislead to think action will not be taken if things continue on their current path. The good of the many outweighs the needs of the few. We are all good friends here. We don't have to agree on everything. Lord knows I don't agree with a lot of what's said here on the FIRE board. So I just agree to disagree and keep in mind that no one path is right for everyone.

My door is always open should any of you wish to speak of this or any other subject. My only wish is that good friends remain that way. As your friend I ask that you consider what's been said and remember what is really important in life.

Friends agree to disagree. That's how they remain friends. :wink:

ES
Site Admin.
Last edited by ElSupremo on Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
peteyperson
**** Heavy Hitter

Re: Let's agree to disagree shall we?

Post by peteyperson »

Good point, well make ES.

I posted yesterday that I was bowing out of one of the threads when it seemed counterproductive to continue. It was actually one I started <lol>.

Petey

ElSupremo wrote: Friends agree to disagree. That's how they remain friends. :wink:

ES
Site Admin.
Last edited by peteyperson on Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanderer
*** Veteran

Post by wanderer »

es et al -

we used to call that "dynamic tension." :shock:

I'm just working on the pump house these days. It's hot here so, every few hours (or less) we head in for a cold one. I actually enjoy it a lot. And what I know about handy man stuff you could fit in a thimble so I'm learning gobs. Nothing much troubles me when I'm sore.

I'll be out of touch for a bit over the next three days - off to one of the glacier-fed lakes a couple of valleys over. I have high confidence these differences will be settled by then. Life's too short and you are all good guys...
regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

I will officially give up trying to educate hocus (I don't think it working all that well :)although I will plan to respond from time to time to give another perspective. Since he has accused me of misrepresenting his position I will make sure that my responses are well supported by his own past statements.
Have fun.

Ataloss
WiseNLucky
** Regular

Post by WiseNLucky »

ES wrote:
Unfortunately over the past few days I see things getting a little out of hand.

Boy is that an understatement :shock:

I find myself bowing out of participation when the level of rhetoric gets too high. The same thing happened when the rhetoric about the war in Iraq got unreasonable. I come here to learn and, more importantly, to be entertained.

When the entertainment factor goes away, so does the learning. At least that is my personal opinion.
WiseNLucky

I just wish everyone could step back and get less car and less house then they want, and realize they don't NEED more. -- NeuroFool
ben
*** Veteran

Post by ben »

ES:
Don't be mislead to think action will not be taken if things continue on their current path. The good of the many outweighs the needs of the few.

I don't see it stopping.... wondering if above message is to be read as hocus being banned from yet another board! That must be some kind of record I believe :D
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
ben
*** Veteran

Post by ben »

Or maybe it's ME getting bumped!! :cry:
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings Ben :)

Naaa, we are nowhere near banning anyone. I had removed this thread from the "Sticky" priority to just a normal mode but I can see now that move was premature. So back to the top it goes in hopes that everyone will get a chance to read it. Perhaps more than once :?

www.nofeeboards.com
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

actually I don't think there is major real disagreement about swr despite the fact that some (or maybe just one person) are calling it a "great debate"
Have fun.

Ataloss
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings ataloss :)

Since cooler heads have prevailed as of late I will remove this message from the "sticky" category for now. It will be back if needed again.

www.nofeeboards.com
WiseNLucky
** Regular

Post by WiseNLucky »

I will remove this message from the "sticky" category for now.

I didn't know this was possible. Can you sticky the post that contains the numbers of posts that result in ranks? I don't remember what it's called and can't find it.
WiseNLucky

I just wish everyone could step back and get less car and less house then they want, and realize they don't NEED more. -- NeuroFool
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings WiseNLucky :)

Your wish is my command! Check out the NFB board under "Member Rankings". All sticky'ed up for ya. :wink:

www.nofeeboards.com