SWR as a Tool

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

bpp
** Regular

Post by bpp »

Hi TH,
I'm not sure restoring SG's post is even relevant.
It's relevant to me as an indicator that Hocus is willing to listen to reasoned objections. SG's post was direct, factually unobjectionable, and while a tad strongly worded, it was not malicious or deceitful. It was a straight-talking statement from one "numbers guy" to another. Hocus didn't even give John R. the chance to respond.
I think everything meaningful that can be said has been said already. At least twice.
That may be, but for me the issue is what kind of discussion can be had here. At other parts of this site, for example, I can have reasoned, respectful and yet strongly felt discussions with people at the opposite ends of the political spectrum from me about much more sensitive issues (like same-sex marriage), without having the machine guns come out. If that is not possible at the SWR board, why should I bother coming here? Who needs the hassle?

Bpp
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

"my opinion probably doesn't matter, because I won't be posting to this forum anymore unless salaryguru's post is restored to this thread. "

I of course would prefer that you continue posting here, bpp. The greater the number of community members who participate, the greater are our chances of reaching a successful resolution of those issues that we are hoping to bring to resolution.

I of course understand if you elect not to participate further.

Your opinion matters either way. It matters because you are a member of the larger posting community.
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

JWR1945 posted a link to this thread this morning. I followed that link and reread the thread.

There is a discussion at the end of the thread of a post by SalaryGuru that was deleted. It occured to me that there might be some others who will read this thread for the first time today and will wonder about what was going on with the deleted post.

Here is a link to a thread titled "Deleted Posts File."

http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2636

This thread contains the entire text of the deleted post, an explantion from me as to why I deleted the post, and commentary from other community members re my decision to do so.