Easterling Event Canceled

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

hocus

Easterling Event Canceled

Post by hocus »

The special event discussion with Ed Easterling on SWR-related issues, that had been scheduled for August 6, has been canceled.

It is my hope that the event will be re-scheduled for some later date.
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

That is quite unfortunate. I hope that we can maintain his interest.

Have fun.

John R.
hocus

Post by hocus »

That is quite unfortunate. I hope that we can maintain his interest.

Ed Easterling has put up a thread today called "Outsider's Perspective." He is posting here under the screen-name Crestmont.

Crestmont and I have agreed to go ahead with the special event discussion on the date planned (Wednesday, August 6), but to hold it at the SWR Research Group board rather than a non-moderated board. That way, I will be able to delete posts if problems develop. We have moved the start time to 10:00 am Eastern Standard time. Our plan is to have the discussion go for about two hours.

Crestmont has provided links to some of his research at the thread he put up earlier today. The material set forth at those links should provide us with a good jumping off point for discussions. I have provided him with links to some of the research you have done. I hope that we will be able to explore in a little bit of depth the issue of patterns in long-term stock returns. Both you and Crestmont have had things to say about patterns in returns in recent days, and I would like to gain a better sense of the areas in which your frindings are in agreement and in which they possibly are not in agreement.

All members of the communites at the FIRE board, the Index Funds board, and the Motley Fool REHP board are welcome to participate in the event. I would appreciate it if someone would put up a post at the Motley Fool board the day before the event letting people over there know where and when it is taking place.